Winter is here ❄️ and with winter, comes the cold and flu season 🤧
Keep yourself and your family safe by following these tips.
How can we protect ourselves from getting sick?
- Wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based sanitiser regularly, especially after touching surfaces in public such as doors or handles on a bus or train.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth as you may be bringing germs into your body.
- Regularly clean frequently touched surfaces such as your phone, computer keyboard, door handles and counter tops.
- Avoid crowded areas or wear a mask in big crowds.
- Stay up to date with your flu vaccination.
- Visit a naturopath for ways to boost your immunity.
What do I do if I catch a cold?
- Practice proper cough and sneezing etiquette: cover your mouth and nose whenever you cough and sneeze, and wash your hands afterwards.
- Stay at home as much as possible to prevent spreading your cold to others and so you can rest as much as possible to increase recovery.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Eat healthy with lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Try a warm salt gargle if you have a sore throat.
- Try inhaling steam from a warm shower if you have a blocked nose.
Book an appointment with our Naturopath here or call us on 9651 5559.
Find more of our health tips here.
Centres for Disease Control and Prevention. 2021. Healthy habits to help prevent the flu. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/actions-prevent-flu.htm
Health Direct. 2022. Flu (influenza). https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/flu