If you haven’t already- Meet Kathie
Kathie is not only one of our Chiropractors but also The Practice Owner!
Here are 10 things to get to know KATHIE
- Why did you want to be a Chiropractor?
I’ve been seeing a chiropractor since I was very young, so when it came time to choose a career path, chiropractic seemed like a good idea. And it was, I love it!
2. How do you like to relax?
Playing with my one year old, or if he is sleeping, I like to curl up with a cup of tea and a good book!
3. Whats your go-to healthy snack?
Lemon and cashew bliss balls, or almond butter bark
- What is your favorite way to exercise?
I have a personal training session once a week with a friend (and our two babies!), otherwise I love yoga and pilates.
- What is your favorite book?
Chicken Soup for the Chiropractic Soul – it’s very precious to me as it’s out of print now, but it is great for refocusing me on why I love what I do!
6. If you were an animal, what would it be and why?
A dog – I think my dog has a pretty great life, eat, sleep, walk, cuddles, sleep…. I could do that! Plus dogs just love to be with you!
7. What is the best advice you’ve ever been given?
My first (chiropractic) boss once told me, Sh*t happens, don’t worry about it in advance, just deal with it when it gets there…. I can be a worrier, so this is a good one for me to remember!
8. Who is your favourite Simply Health and Wellness team member? Why?
That would be telling!! I love the team we’ve assembled, they’re all great therapists, and wonderful people to work with!
9. What is your favorite indulgence? Cake!! –If it has icing, and isn’t fruit cake, after that, pretty much any kind of cake will do!
10. Best advice on living a healthy lifestyle?
Ask yourself, will what I am about to do make me healthier or not? As long as 80-85% of the time you can answer yes, you’re on your way. As for the other 15-20%, like cake, or a sleep in instead of workout, or Friday night takeaway, enjoy it, feeling guilty about it only makes it worse!