A confident smile starts with the correct oral care! A key part of taking care of your overall health is looking after your teeth and gums.
Happy smiles are linked to:
- Fewer cavities
- Healthier gums
- Less sensitivity
- Better smelling breath
- Lower risks of associated conditions such as high blood pressure, decreased immune system and cancer.
So how can we take care of our teeth and gums?
- Every morning after breakfast and every night after dinner you should brush your teeth for two minutes.
- Use dental floss or Piksters to remove the food from between each tooth.
- Follow brushing and flossing with a mouth wash containing fluoride to protect your teeth.
- Limit your intake of alcohol, cigarettes and sugary food and drinks. If you do have sugary drinks, try to have them during meal times as saliva is being readily produced which can wash sugar from the teeth.
- Between meals chew sugar free gum to encourage saliva production.
- Get regular check ups with your dentists to make sure your teeth stay healthy and catch cavities and other abnormalities early.
Find more of our health tips here.
Book a Chiropractic, Massage Therapy or Naturopathy appointment here or call us on 9651 5559.
Health Direct. 2019. Dental care tips. https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/dental-care-tips
Complete Dental Works. 2019. The short & long term effects of poor oral hygiene. https://completedentalworks.com.au/the-short-long-term-effects-of-poor-oral-hygiene/