A detox can be an integral part of a healthy life. Regular detoxification is ideal for improving your level of wellness, as it can enhance your overall health to keep you at your best. A detox can also be used as a therapeutic treatment for digestive issues or any symptoms that may be associated with toxicity.
Have you experienced one or more of these signs and symptoms of toxicity?
- Indigestion, constipation, diarrhoea, stomach pain, or feeling sluggish or nauseous after eating
- Recurrent headaches
- Muscle aching and weakness
- Nerve pain or numbness
- Recurrent infections
- Poor short-term memory and concentration
- Sensitivity to environmental chemicals and strong odours e.g. perfumes
- Chronic fatigue and lethargy
- Anxiety and/or mood swings
- Hormonal problems such as PMS or heavy, painful or irregular periods
Take note of these important detox guidelines:
- Always choose fresh seasonal fruit and vegetables, and buy organic produce when possible; avoiding packaged and processed foods.
- Remove foods containing artificial colours, flavours, additives, stabilisers and flavour enhancers, as well as foods containing hydrogenated fats.
Rest, relaxation and exercise are all important factors to assist in detox.
Exercise is an important factor during detox as it energises the body, encourages the elimination of toxins through sweat and improves circulation and oxygen delivery to cells. It also helps the lymphatic system to move toxins around the body, so they can be eliminated.
Moderate exercise, such as brisk walking or swimming, just three times per week during your detox can ensure that your body is working to its best and supporting your detoxification efforts.
Looking after your mental health by relaxing and dealing with stress can increase your vitality.
While You focus on clearing toxins from your body but have you considered any toxic emotions and unhealthy thought patterns that may be weighing you down? Detoxing negative thoughts is an important part of your detox. Constant stress from work, family and day to day life can impact your detoxification capacity; while negative thinking can profoundly affect your mental health and physical wellbeing.
Don’t forget to live life well, instead of worrying about making a living! Make sure you rest and do the things you love doing most in life. When you notice yourself caught in the grip of unhealthy thought patterns, stop for a moment; breathe; and reframe your thoughts into something more positive.
Enjoy the process of detox and be proud of your commitment to improve your wellbeing and lead a happier, healthier life.
Remember, if you need extra help our guidance, our experienced team of natural health practitioners are here to help!