- Boost your vitamin C intake – this is a great insurance policy against colds and flus (especially when taken with zinc!). There are lots of chewable or powdered versions (taken in water or juice) which are great for kids too!
- Drink water! Staying hydrated helps your body flush out toxins. As a general rule, men should drink around 2.6L/day and women around 2.1L/day.
- Invest in good gut health – take a daily probiotic to help combat the effects of stress and poor diet choices on your helpful gut bacteria.
- Keep moving -regular moderate exercise has a cumulative beneficial effect on your immune response.
- Wash your hands! This is one of the simplest steps to take. Minimise your exposure to everyone else’s bugs by washing your (and your kid’s) hands regularly
Supplements you can also try include echinacea and olive leaf. If you do still get sick, the important thing to remember is to give your body a chance to fight it off – rest as much as you can and drink lots of fluids, and you’ll be better twice as fast then if you don’t!
If you’re starting to feel under the weather, or want an extra immune boosting kick, pop in and see our naturopath!