The festive season is almost over and after eating too much Christmas Pudding, you may not be feeling on top of your health!
Well it’s a New Day and a New Year – so kick start it with some of our healthy & well tips to get you back on track!
1. Don’t skimp on the snacks– Yes- you read that right! When it comes to food, its easy to grab the packet of chips on the shelf, but if you carry around healthy snacks with you – its easy enough to make it through to the next meal- without depriving yourself. Our favorite snacks to carry on us include – Nuts, Rice Crackers, carrot or celery sticks or even as simple as an Apple.
2. Listen to Your Body – If you feel a bit stressed or tensed from that Christmas rush – don’t let it linger – not only will it get worse- it will take longer to go away. Get yourself checked by one of our therapists to help you start the new year feeling your best!
3. Don’t Give Up! – Even if it is a new year, just because you ate one bad meal, or skipped one day of exercise, doesn’t mean you have to wait until the next New Year to start over again. Don’t try to compensate by skipping meals later either – it will only end in you snacking more on junk food.
4. Treat Your Self – We all love a good treat – so don’t let yourself suffer with no reward! If you’ve eaten well all week or pushed yourself extra hard at the gym – treat yourself to a nice dinner out or a remedial massage to help those muscles recover
5. Find a new interest –either a new sport, exercise, hobby – whatever! Always wanted to try something new? Now is the time – sign up for that dance class, cooking lesson or buy that book you’ve been wanting! It’s important for your mental health to do something you love – if you burn some calories or learn a new healthy recipe while you are doing it– Bonus
6. Increase your water Intake – Didn’t ask Santa for a new drink bottle for Christmas? Get yourself one and make sure you carry it with you and are drinking 2L at least a day – your body will thank you for it!
7. Make A List – Make a list of things you want to achieve this year, activities you want to do or just things to help you look after yourself better. It gives you a goal and a constant reminder of what you wanted at the start of the year.
If you’ve got any tips to kick start your New Year, let us know in the comments below.
From all the Team at Simply Health & Wellness, We Wish everyone a
Happy & Healthy New Year!
We look forward to looking after you, your family & friends in 2018.
Haven’t booked your next appointment with us yet? Follow the link to book online or call us on 9651 5559 today!