Are you one of those busy people who barely has time to breathe, let alone lay on a massage table for an hour? Make the time for a massage and reap the mental benefits!
While many people already use massage for physical concerns and challenges, more and more people are starting to use massage to achieve a myriad of mental health benefits.
- The mind-body connection in massage energises you, and allows you to feel cared for
- Massage can help with a number of psychological issues including depression and post-traumatic stress
- Massage reduces your stress hormones (cortisol and adrenaline) and increases your happy hormones (serotonin and dopamine) to help reduce anxiety and depression
- The way massage positively affects your body’s biochemistry is thought to have many far reaching effects (still being researched by the industry)
- The University of Miami School of Medicine found that massage lowers levels of stress hormones by up to 53%
A 53% reduction in stress, just by investing an hour of time unwinding in a massage? You should definitely make time for that!